It seems unrelated to energy, you read this article entitled If Eating is “Cool” then Farming must be “Cool” too.
It is about agriculture. It notes that the perception of farmers is not precisely ‘cool’: “most youths’ perception of agriculture and agribusiness reflects the image of a dirty, exhausted poor farmer carrying a rusty hoe on puffy, tired shoulders somewhere on the outskirts of modernity”. The article then argues that if young people enjoy #foodporn, the process that leads to it can also be cool.
The article is definitely on to something. Search Instagram or Twitter and you’ll find that in-house small-scale farming is becoming somewhat cool.
Also, it occurred to me that a similar thing is happening in energy. Don’t take my word for it. Below some examples:
- A self-sufficient house that will make you feel like you live in a movie AND will charge your electric car? ZEB Pilot House.
- A solar-powered remote control plane How to build your own solar-powered plane.
- Vodka produced with solar energy! Visit a vodka distillery… in paradise.
- If you own a farm… A rather awesome micro-hydro project! Man powers his home from local stream with DIY micro-hydro plant.
- If you don’t own a farm… A selection of hyper-cool electric motorcycles! The 7 Best Electric Motorcycles to Buy Now.
Anyway… Good to see that people in the energy business know how to keep it cool!